5 - 16 November 2018
Includes 11 November event ride of gfnycozumel.com
10 days fully guided tour 9 nights accommodation
- All breakfasts; all dinners
- Transfer from and to the airport
- All ground transportations
- Luggage transfers
- Support vehicle and coaching of our expert guides Registration fee to the GFNY Cozumel
What's not included
- Travel and personal insurance
- Additional hotel expenses i.e. phone charges, mini-bar, gratuities Bike rental
Join us on Nov 11, 2018 for a ride that you will never forget through the breath taking island of Cozumel.
The Gran Fondo will take you all the way around the island, as you enjoy the spectacular views of this Mayan paradise. You will ride through 20 miles of coastline roads, which stretch along the tempting turquoise ocean, as you push yourself through the island's challenging winds.
GET READY, this will be a truly challenging and competitive race with some amazing athletes ready to conquer the island as the Mayans did 3000 years ago. Come see why Cozumel has become a top destination for many of the world's most ambitious athletes.
Day 1 - November 6: You will be picked up by our team member from Cancun International Airport and transferred to the hotel. You will meet your fellow cyclists and rest of the team while having a short tour of Cancun which will finish in a local restaurant.
Day 2 - November 7: Today we will relax on the white sand beaches of the Caribbean in Cancun to recover from the long-haul flight.
Day 3 - November 8: 6 a.m. wake-up call and early breakfast. 8 a.m. departure for Isla Mujeres, situated close to the coral reef, beautiful beaches and very popular with divers. Easy ride 60 km appox. For the evening return to Cancun.
Day 4 - November 9: 6 a.m. wake-up call. 6.30 a.m. Bike ride 1h.1/2 - Puerto Morelos and breakfast along the beach. 10.30 a.m. Bike ride 1h. - Ruta de Los Cenotes and visit. 2.30 p.m. Lunch in site. 5/6 p.m. Transfer to Playa del Carmen. The town has a very relaxed atmosphere and Quinta Agenda, the main street, is lined with shops, coffee bars and traditional restaurants. We will spend the night here.
Day 5 - November 10: 9 a.m. from the lively central square of Playa del Carmen we will take the ferry to Cozumel, where we will enjoy the beaches and the beauties this island offers. In the afternoon visit at the Expo and OM bike catalog presentation. Here we will to get our Bib Number and the Race gift pack. Easy bike ride tour and dinner in hotel.
Day 6 - November 11 GFNY Cozumel - Mexico 5 a.m. Breakfast 6.30 a.m. Departure for the GFNY Cozumel Post-race meals and entertainment Mexican style
Day 7 - November 12: Return to Cancun. Free day to enjoy the area.
Day 8 - November 13: Transfer by van to Xcaret. A large “eco-archaeological” theme park combined with a zoo, activity centre and beach resort. A highlight for many visitors is a chance to enjoy the clear waters of the two naturally illuminated subterranean rivers. Another popular activity is to swim with the dolphins in a saltwater pool.
Day 9 - November 14: Visit to Tulum, spectacularly positioned on a cliff overlooking the Caribbean, a famous late-Mayan site. For lunch we will flavour the renowned “smoked meat” at the Pueblo Temozón.
Day 10 - November 15: Today is the departure day. All ready to board their flights and return back home
THE COURSE The GFNY Cozumel course is filled with fascinating views and challenging roads. There are two distances to choose from, either the Gran Fondo 100 miles or the Medio Fondo 50 miles.
Grandfondo 100 mile Map
Your race will start in the downtown area right by the city hall and the Mexican Caribbean ocean. Get ready for a fun filled start with live bands, helicopters in the sky, media and journalists plus over 2,500 participants all ready to give 100% effort on the race course.
No matter which course you choose we promise you will be mesmerised by the beautiful beach and ocean views and the support of all the locals who will be out in big numbers to cheer you to the finish line.
Grandfondo 50 mile Map
The Medio route offers the same breathtaking views as the Gran, but instead of two laps the route is shortened to one lap around the island. Don’t be fooled this is still a challenging ride for many, especially with the strong winds and competitive group of riders.
Tons of Perks
- Fully closed roads along the entire course.
- Loaded Goodies bags with tons of cool toys
- Start to Finish timing results for all participants.
- Post-race meals and entertainment: Mexican style.
- 2 day Expo with big international brands.
- Finisher medals.
- Winner Jerseys to overall winners.
- Unique winner medals to all categories winners.
- Unique prizes for Gran and Medio Fondo winners.
- European cut men’s cycling jersey provided by GFNY Cozumel to every rider. Mandatory attire for the event.
- Eight fully stocked aid station.
- On Course mechanical support rolling and at aid station.
- Medical support including stationary and rolling ambulances.
- Motorcycle marshal support and Sag.
- Hundreds volunteers helping thru the day
Sample of rental bikes available.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: 100 miles, 50 miles, Granfondo, Island of Cozumel, Mayan, Mexico, Officine Mattio, OM